Triund Adventure Trek
Easily the most popular trekking trail in Dharamshala. Triund is a spectacular 1 nightAdventure trek over the Triund ridge beneath the mighty Dhauladhar ranges. Located about 10 kms from the bustling city centre of McLeodganj, this trek is almost a rite of passage for travellers visiting this Tibetan city-in-exile.
Reviews 2 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Triund is the crown jewel of Dharamshala , situated in the laps of Dhauladhar mountains, it has the perfect view of the Dhauladhar mountains on one side and Kangra valley on the other. A very popular trekking spot, Triund attracts a lot of tourist every year from India and all over the world.
The Triund trek can be described as a tranquil trek which can be easily accomplished by almost all age groups. Triund has an unambiguous byway which goes through a beautiful mixed forest of oak, deodar and rhododendron. The trek is fairly easy for the first five kilometers but the last one kilometer may require a bit of toil. Infact the last kilometer is also popularly know as the “22 curves” as it has 22 tiring curves before you finally reach Triund.
Along the way there are many small chai shops where one can refresh during the hike. The traipse is worth it as the panorama when you reach Triund is awe-inspiring and exhilarating. Triund trek can be easily done for most part of the year except when there is heavy snowfall (generally during January & February).
While trekking to Triund, do stop over and explore McLeod Ganj. Infact McLeod Ganj is just 3 kms north of Dharamsala town (or 10 kms via the looping bus route). McLeod Ganj is the residence of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama and home to a large Tibetan population, including many monks and nuns. The Tibetan government-in-exile is based just downhill at Gangchen Kyishong. McLeod attracts thousands of international visitors each year to volunteer with the Tibetan community, take courses in Buddhism, meditation or yoga, shop for Tibetan crafts, or just hang out and enjoy the low-budget spiritual/alternative vibe and the many good cafes and restaurants dishing up Indo-Italo-Israeli-Tibetan food.
With an interesting mix of travellers, volunteers, maroon-robed monks and nuns, the international dharma crowd and an increasing flow of Indian tourists, you're never far from an interesting conversation here.
The cost package includes the following...
- Breakfast and Vegetarian Dinner at Camp in Triund.
- Leave your luggage safely at our Base Camp (at No Extra Cost) and collect it when you return from the trek, next day.
- Lockers as well as Wash & Change facility is available at the Base Camp McLeod Ganj
- Stay is on Sharing basis in Tents/Homestays
- Sleeping Bags and Sleeping Mats will be provided to every individual
- Expert Reliable & Licensed English Speaking Trekking guide for entire journey
- Potters to carry the tents and sleeping bags
- All entrance fee and necessary permits while trekking
- First Aid kit available on-site
- Car / Bike Parking facility at Base Camp at Rs.100 per night
The cost package does not include the following...
- Travel / Transport cost to and from Base Camp at McLeodganj
- Potter for Personal Luggage
- Cost of Flights or Transportation or Personal travel
- Travel insurance, any expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies, however all help will be provided for any medical exigencies, if any.
- Single room accommodations
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
- Any other cost not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest.
Trek from Mcleodganj to Triund
Your Day’s schedule
- Your trek will start from McLeod Ganj to Triund (9 Kms, 4-5 Hours, 9,432 Feet).
- You will start from the Base Camp at Mcleodganj at around 10:00 AM
- Please ensure that you are in time to start your trek.
- You will proceed towards Triund via Dharamkot & Gallu Devi Temple through mixed forests of deodar, oak and rhododendron.
- Triund is situated at an elevation of 9432 feet. It is an easy 4 - 5 hours, 9 kilometers of steady trek and the summit offers stunning 180 degree panoramic views of the mighty Dhauladhar Himalayas, Pir Panjal Ranges, Indrahar Pass, Lahesh Caves and on a clear day you can see the entire Kangra Valley.
- Dinner and Overnight Camping will be in tents at Triund itself.
- Our expert guides who will be accompanying you during this trek will facilitate all your needs as per the trek package. They will also be preparing food for you at Triund
Return to Base Camp McLeod Ganj via Bhagsu waterfalls.
Your Day Two schedule
- Rise up early to watch the morning sunrise from the Triund Hilltop.
- By the time you get fresh and ready, your tea and breakfast will be ready and served at our camps in Triund.
- After a hearty breakfast, you will check out from our Triund Camps and start trekking downhill to the McLeod Ganj Base Camp via Bhagsu waterfalls.
- We urge you to stop and take many pictures along the way but be watchful of your steps as some places are a bit steep and slippery due to overnight dew and water around the waterfall.
- By afternoon (around 2 - 3PM) you will reach the Base Camp.
- Kindly collect your luggage and Checkout from Base Camp for your onward journey.
- Incase you wish to stay back at McLeod Ganj and explore the area, kindly inform our guide or your Trek Manager at the Base Camp.
- We can make adequate arrangements for your extended stay.
- We have Tented as well as Homestay arrangements on Twin/Triple/Quad sharing basis.
- Extra Cost per person per night will be Rs.300
- This option is available to all the participants, depending upon the availability - one day before or one day after the Trek to Triund. If you let us know in time, we will reserve your accommodation accordingly.
- Your stay and accommodation will be on sharing basis. - Twin or Triple sharing basis in Tents/Homestays, Sleeping Bags & Sleeping Mats.
- You can leave your luggage Safely at our Base Camp at no additional chargeswhen you go for the trek and collect the same when you return the next day.
- Lockers & Wash and Change Facility available at the Base Camp
- Shared Dry Toilet Tent
- Free and Safe Parking at our Base Camp Mcleodganj.
- Shirts / T-shirts
- Trousers / Track Pants
- Windproof jacket, Raincoat / Poncho
- Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper and lower)
- Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks along with extra pairs
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes with a thick sole
- Water bottle
- Cap / Hat
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Personal medication
- Personal toiletries
- Books, if required.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; so please take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the guidelines given by trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products are prohibited during trekking days.
- Trekking during the nights will not be permitted.
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the trek.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- Since you will be travelling through many local villages it’s advised to observe decency and respect the local customs as advised by your local guides and trek instructors, from time to time.
- Avoid taking pictures of locals if they are not interested.
Any member of the group, if found creating any indecency or misbehaving with any fellow member and or not observing or following the instructions of the tour guides / instructors, will be asked to leave the trip immediately at his own cost. No refund of any nature will be entitled to such member.