Srinagar to Leh to Manali Group Trip
This 10-day & approx 1300 kms long journey starts from Srinagar in Kashmir taking you thru some of the world’s most remarkable and mesmerizing landscapes found anywhere in the World.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeGuided Tours, Heritage, Road Trip
Activity Level Strenuous
Group Size Medium Group
This 10-day & approx 1300 kms long journey starts from Srinagar in Kashmir taking you thru some of the world's most remarkable & mesmerizing landscapes found anywhere in the World.
You pass from the Medows of Gold - Sonmarg on your journey to Drass the 2nd coldest inhabited place on the planet, across to Kargil, the battleground for 1999 war between India & Pakistan till you reach Lamayuru - the moon land on earth and finally entering Yarkland - Ladhak.
Continue to experience Ladhak including Leh City, Nubra Valley across the Khardungla Pass and Pangyong Lake which is 60% in the Chinese territory. And that's not all, once your done with Leh, you begin another epic journey to Manali crossing 4 of the world's highest motorable roads. Your entire journey is if full of spectacular sights and amazing views. The mesmerizing journey, the people and the beautiful landscape of Kashmir, Ladakh and Himachal, will never cease to inspire and take your breath away.
Ladakh, predominantly a Tibetan-Buddhist locale is a beautiful, high altitude area of mountain deserts in the Himalayan mountain splendor. Also called the ‘Land of High Passes’, it is known for its soaring mountains, pristine valleys, and a vibrant cultural life.
It is the highest mountain plateau in India and spans across the Great Himalayas, Karakoram mountain ranges, and the upper Indus River Valley. Ladakh’s ethnic composition consisted of Mongoloid and a mixed Indo-Aryan population of Mons and Dards.
The land, the air, and its atmosphere have a peculiar charm to it. A whiff of it is enough to soothe your soul and enrich your senses. It's awe-inspiring natural beauty is clear evidence, that it is breathed and blessed by the Gods themselves.
The incredible Ladakh tour package from the day of the departure will keep you on your toes with spectacular sights and amazing views. The mesmerizing land of Ladakh and its beauty will never cease to inspire and take your breath away.
This tour will let you bask in the glory of the upper Himalayas whilst discovering the Indo-Tibetan culture predominant in the Ladakh region.
- This is a Family/Group Trip so all accommodation & stay arrangements will be on sharing basis in cozy & comfortable Homestays/Hotels/Deluxe Camps.
- Buffet Meals, on all days of the trip, along with AM/PM Tea/Coffee
- Camps available with attached toilet and hot water facility
- Transfers on SIC basis depending on group size (Innova for 6+ group & Tempo Traveller for 9+ group)
- Lockers Facility available in Leh.
- Stay on Twin, Triple sharing basis
- Experienced & Professional Guides proficient in Hindi/English speaking
- Forest Entry and necessary Permissions
- First Aid & Oxygen Cylinders (on request)
- No airfare or any private / group additional transportation arrangement other than that mentioned in the Inclusions above, or extra over and above the package plan.
- Return transportation / airfare from Leh to Home city.
- Cost of Flights or Transportation or Personal travel
- Travel insurance, any expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies, however all help will be provided for any medical exigencies, if any.
- Potter for Personal Luggage
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
- Any other cost not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest.
Arrival at Srinagar
Welcome to Srinagar. Paradise on Earth.
- WeTrippy representative will receive your guest at the Srinagar airport - Meet & greet and transfer to Houseboat / Hotel.
- Welcome drink on arrival. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in the houseboat/hotel.
Srinagar to Kargil
Srinagar to Kargil – Approx 209 kms.
- Morning after breakfast leave for Kargil, by visiting Sonamarg (knows as the Meadows of Gold).
- Then cross the famous, Zojilla Pass (3528 m, 11,575 ft). From Zozilla Pass you will be driving past the Drass Village (2nd Coldest inhabited place in the world). Enroute have a magnificent view the famous Kargil war sites, the Tiger & Tololing peaks, from Vijay war memorial Hall.
- Reach Kargil by evening. Check-in to your hotel. Overnight stay Kargil Hotel.
Kargil to Leh
Kargil to Leh – Approx 240 kms.
- Morning after breakfast start your drive for Leh. Enroute visit Mulbek Chamb the 9 meter / 30 feet giant Buddha sculpture on rock mountain.
- As you move on you reach the 1000 year old monastery of Lamayuru. This please is also called the Moonland due to the unique landscape which resembles like moon surface.
- Drive through Nimmoo, the famous Magnetic hill, Pathar Sahib Gurduwara and Hall of Fame as you enter the city of Leh.
- Arrive in Leh by late afternoon. Check-in to your hotel. Rest of the evening free time. Visit the local Leh market. Overnight stay In Leh.
Relax & Explore Leh City
Rest Day in Leh
- This is the liesure day in Leh to explore in and around places in Leh.
- There are quite a few places in Leh town which you should absolutely visit during your day stay in Leh, today.
- The Khar which houses the Leh Palace Tsemo Castle and Namgyal Gompa on the same hills and Shanti Stupa built on a hilltop in Changspa region of Leh are two places one must visit.
Leh Main BazaarThe best place for shopping is Leh main baazar where you can have finest of cuisines and shop for variety of accessories, woollens and other memorabilia. Leh main bazaar is the busiest place in leh Ladakh.
- Incase you are interested, best way to explore Leh city is to hire a Royal Enfield motorcycle. It normally costs between Rs.1200 to Rs.1400 per bike per day. Petrol extra. Our Local Tour Manager in Leh will be able to assist you with arranging for a bike.
- Later in the evening do go out and explore the local market, but don’t forget to take your gloves and warm cap as it will get quite cold on your way back to the hotel
- Dinner and comfortable overnight stay at your hotel.
Day visit to PangyongTso - The High Grasslands
It’s Pangong Lake Today!
- Today your destination is the famous Pangong Tso. - Lake in local language is called Tso.
- After an early breakfast leave for Pangyong Lake (approx. 145 kms) via the 3rd highest pass – ChangLa Pass (17,350 ft).
Pangong LakeSituated at roughly 4350 m, 14,270 ft. Pangong Lake is 134 kms long and extends from India into China. Approximately 60% of the length of the lake lies in China. The lake is 5 km (3.1 mi) wide at its broadest point. All together it covers 604 km2. During winter the lake freezes completely, despite being saline water.
- Do catch the sun as it reflects over the beautiful lake from time to time and as it changes its colours over the beautiful blue sky and bronze snow capped mountains
- There is also an Army base by the lake and a souvenir shop in case you are interested to buy something that would remind you of the trip.
- Return back to Leh city in the evening. Dinner and comfortable overnight stay at your Leh Hotel.
To the Nubra Desert, Beyond Khardung La
It’s Khardung La Today!
- Today is the day when you will be passing across the Khardung La Pass - is one of the highest motor able road in the world (and certainly not the highest roads).
- At 5602 m, 18,380 ft. Khardung La Pass is just 40 kms from Leh city and quite visible, only if you ask a local person. The Pass is the gateway to the Shyok and Nubra valleys.
- Everyone is excited to stop and take a picture in-front of the Khardung La board. Infant many a times there is a long queue of travellers waiting their turn for the picture in front of the board.
- And while others are busy with pictures, there is an excellent cafe - Rinchen Cafeteria when you are at Khardung La and you must try their Maggie and Masala Tea. There is a Souvenir Shop as well as a Goddess Durga & Lord Ganesh temple here.
- But please DO NOT STAY at the Khardung La for more than 20 - 25 minutes. It is not advisable due to high altitude and people do tend to feel a bit uncomfortable if they stay here too long.
A word of CautionThe Khardung La zone is prone to heavy mist, snowstorms and blizzards, and driving under these conditions, can be extremely challenging and dangerous due to low visibility conditions. Our Tour manager will be able to advise you of the onward journey incase of any unwarranted situation. Please pay close attention to our Tour Manager and follow his instructions all the time. Do not travel this pass in severe weather conditions. Avalanches, heavy snowfalls and landslides can occur anytime.
Welcome to Nubra Valley
- Continue your journey onwards towards Diskit & Nubra valley.
- Diskit is one of the major towns in Nubra region. It is a popular destination for tourists and is situated around 118 km from Leh. Situated on the banks of river Shyok, Diskit has many home-stay and guest house options that are open throughout the year. The main market is a small place with a few tiny restaurants. Diskit Monastery / Gompa is also quite popular with the tourists and you will be visiting it on your way to Hunder. This is the oldest and the largest Gompa in the Nubra region with a giant 33 metre high Maitreya Buddha statue, facing Pakistan - as a symbol of peace. Established in 14th Century, it is associated with the Thiksey Monastery (situated near to Leh city)
- As you near the Hunder Town, you will see a sudden change in the landscape. The rugged mountains will gradually change into a cold desert.
- Check-in to your camp and fresh up. Later if you want you can drive to the Hunder desert. Do meet and take pictures with the double hump bactrian camels a symbol of Nubra Valley.
- Dinner and comfortable overnight stay at your camp.
Back to Leh City
Return Drive back to Leh
- We suggest you get up early (preferably before sunrise) to photograph and capture the beauty of the desert during sunrise. It’s is indeed worth the effort.
- And once your done, come back to your camp for a hot tea and hearty breakfast.
- Pack your stuff as you will be driving back to Leh via KhardungLa pass.
- Your journey will take approximately 7 to 8 hours and you will have adequate time to return back to Leh and plan your evening.
- On reaching your hotel in Leh, you can settle down and begin to download all the 1000s of photographs you have taken so far or simply have a hot shower, relax, or walk down to the Leh market to buy a souvenir for your loved one at home.
Another epic journey
One Amazing Trip ends. Another Starts.
- After breakfast you checkout of your Leh hotel and start to drive to Jispa on the Leh-Manali highway. It is advised that you must leave Leh not later than 8:00AM.
- This is again going to be one amazing journey where in you will be crossing 4 high mountain pass. Tanglangla Pass, the Mori plains, Paang, Nakeela and Saarchu will all come along the way. BaaralachaLa pass will be the last pass before you finally arrive at Jispa on this route. Your back by road to Manali crossing 5 of the world’s highest passes and a journey that is worth a thousand words.
- You will be driving thru Tanglang La (2nd Highest Motorable pass in the world at 17338 feet), Shyang Chu Thang - the biggest plateau, Pang, 21 Ghata Loops, Sarchu, Nakeela and Lachung La pass, Jispa, Baralacha Pass, Keylong and finally the famous Rohtang Pass, Solang Valley before you reach Manali.
- Overnight stay at Jispa.
Jispa to Manali
- After an early breakfast, start your journey to Manali via Keylong (the administrative centre of Lahaul & Spit district) & snow-bedded, Rohtang Pass – the last and one of the most tourist-visited Pass in Himachal.
- Overnight stay at Manali.
Return back with fond memories.
Manali Half Day city tour Departure for Dehli Or Chandigarh.
- After an easy breakfast you can check-out and do a half day Manali city local sightseeing.
- Vist the famous and old Hadimba & Manu temple, the hot-spring at Vashisht or the Mall road. Between 4:00 and 5:30PM Volvo coaches start to depart from Manali to different destinations including Delhi & Chandigarh.
- Your stay and accommodation will be on Twin sharing basis, preferably a family suite in Homestays or hotels.
- You can leave your luggage Safely at your hotel in Leh for onward journey Nubra & Pangong Tso and collect the same when you return.
- You will be staying in Deluxe camps at Nubra and Pangong Tso.
- Child below 5 Yrs of age will be complimentary.
- Child between 5 - 12 years will be charged 75% of the package cost (ie. Rs.20,000) and will be provided with an Extra Bed.
- Comfortable clothes
- Windproof jacket, Raincoat / Poncho
- Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper and lower)
- Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks along with extra pairs
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes with a thick sole
- Water bottle
- Cap / Hat
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Personal medication
- Personal toiletries
- Books, if required.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; so please take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the tour guides and instructors in order to avoid any mishaps
- Follow the rules and guidelines of the local authorities.
- All bookings are strictly subject to availability and confirmation by payment of Non-refundable Advance.
- All payments to be made in advance.
- No Check-in to the Manali Hotel without full payment confirmation.
- No Check-in without valid Govt approved ID. Your id will be checked before Check-in.
- No pickup/drop will be made onroute. No detours will be made for picking up/dropping people.
- Departure time is given and is fixed. You have to report by that time. It's on you to update your status to trip coordinator. Anyone missing the check-in will not be entertained for refund etc and it will not be WeTrippy’s responsibility. We will try to call you twice before departure. Any phone not getting connected will not be WeTrippy’s responsibility.
- Timings are sacrosanct. Two times follow up will be done on phone. If we are unable to reach/we do not get a communication, we will be departing. No refund will be made for late arrival no matter what the reason for the delay is.
- We request not to travel with heavy luggage only light luggage or bags are allowed.
- Management shall not take responsibility of a missing items during trip, hence requested not to travel with too much ornaments, jewelry, cash and other etc.
- All our packages are ‘group packages’ and same services/items are applicable for each person in the group.
- Any meal, activity or service not availed by the participants will not be adjusted in the package cost and non-refundable under any circumstances.
- We do not allow drinking during the expedition. Anyone found drunk at the time of expedition will be refused entry and no amount will be refunded. WeTrippy also reserves the right to discontinue your trip at any point on the grounds of misconduct.
- We entertain only those persons at the campsite for whom the booking has been made. No additional persons will be entertained under any circumstances until communicated through email.
- We do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft or any other reason, guests are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country. We shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the program or expenses incurred directly or indirectly due to natural hazards, accident, breakdown of machinery, equipment's, transport, weather condition, sickness, landslides, political closures or any untoward incidents.
- Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of participants etc. may dictate itinerary change. We reserve the rights to change any schedule in the interest of safety, comfort & general well-being.
- We reserve the right to revoke services of anyone not following the instructions of our guide during an activity. We reserve to right for cancellation in case someone misbehaves under influence of alcohol.
- Do not encourage or participate in littering in any form
- Do not disturb the local life in any form
- While visiting the religious sites dress modestly and accordingly
- Avoid roaming during the nights
- Monument entrances, rafting & camel safari charges are to be borne by individual.
- The following can be availed at extra prices as mentioned:
- Two hump camel ride at Nubra valley at sand dunes: INR 350 (15 mins) / INR 700 (30 mins)
- 1 Litre Packaged water bottle: INR 30 per bottle.
- Oxygen cylinder Rs. 500-700 per day in Leh.
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the journey. Local medical hospital services are available at Leh and Dixit (Nubra)
- Your trip takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- Since you will be travelling through many local villages it’s advised to observe decency and respect the local customs as advised by your local guides and trek instructors, from time to time.
- Avoid taking pictures of locals if they are not interested.
Any member of the group, if found creating any indecency or misbehaving with any fellow member and or not observing or following the instructions of the tour guides / instructors, will be asked to leave the trip immediately at his own cost. No refund of any nature will be entitled to such member.
- Minimum 25% advance is required to block your booking. Balance 07-10 days prior to travel date.
- If travel date is between 10 days of booking date, then 100% advance is required to secure the booking
- If any cancellations are made before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- Once you are booking with us, you will receive a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking.
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.
Manali is well connected to Delhi.
Take an overnight bus from Delhi and you will reach Manali in 12 ‐ 14 hours (approx 540 KMS). Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in
Since Delhi - Manali is a long journey, most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last govt bus leaves at 8.30 pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Volvo buses charges between Rs.1,000 to 1,400 per sector from Delhi to Manali and vice versa. Manali to Delhi: Like the onward journey, buses leave from Manali to Delhi between 4 and 5 p.m. Your tentative arrival at Delhi may be anywhere between 6 a.m and 10 a.m. Plan your onward journeys only post noon giving enough buffer for bus delays.
By Train / Railways
Nearest Railway station is Ambala (350 kms) and Chandigarh (310 kms).
Regular Volvo and Buses are available from Chandigarh to Manali in the evening. Volvo buses charges between Rs.700 to Rs.1,000 per sector from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa.
Tip: Regular Volvo and Buses are available from Chandigarh to Manali in the evening. Volvo buses charges between Rs.700 to Rs.1,000 per sector from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa.
Nearest Airport is Bhuntar is 60 Kms. Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs.700‐ Rs.1,000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airliners that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, Kingfisher airlines, MDLR Airlines and Jagson Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.