Leh Ladhak @ 9999 Tour
The Ultimate Bike Expedition Fixed Departure starting from June 24th to August 28th, 2017. This 4 nights & 5 days tour takes you through some of the world’s toughest roads and high mountain passes you have ever travelled before. Experience Ladakhi culture, a visit to Khardung La Pass, the highest motorable pass in the world along with a visit to Pangong Tso, one of the most famous and breathtaking lakes in the world. This and many more adventures await you as you take on this journey of a lifetime.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Tough
1 - 15 riders
Day 1 - Arrive in Leh,
Check-in. Visit Local Market & nearby places.
Day 2 - Leh to Khardung La Pass
Visit the famous Khardung La Pass and return back to Leh- Self Tour on Bike.
On your return journey visit the Shey Palace & Stock Palace Museum, Shanti Stupa.
Day 3 - Leh to Lamayuru Monastery
Visit the famous Lamayuru Monastery (125 kms from Leh on the Leh-Kargil Road) - Self tour on Bike.
On your return visit Sham valley, Sangam Point, Magnetic Hill, Pathar Sahib Gurudwara & War Memorial. Dinner outside on their own.
Day 4 - Day visit to Pangong Lake (in a Sharing Cab)
On your return visit the Thiksey Monastery, Hemis Monastery, Ranchod School
Day 5 - Check-out & take your onward journey.
Stay on sharing basis in comfortable Homestay in Leh City
Bike Rental cost for Day 2 & 3
Sharing Vehicle - Xylo / Innova / Sumo for Pangong Lake
Meals include Only Breakfast
- No airfare or any private / group additional transportation arrangement other than that mentioned in the Inclusions above, or extra over and above the package plan.
- Participants need to reach Leh on their own.
- This tour starts at Leh and ends at Leh.
- Return transportation / airfare from Leh to Home city.
- Cost of Flights or Transportation or Personal travel
- Travel insurance, any expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies, however, all help will be provided for any medical exigencies, if any.
- Potter for Personal Luggage
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
- Any other cost not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest.
Arrive. Relax & Explore Leh City
Arrive. Check-in & Rest
- Welcome to Leh City. Today you will need to spend time in and around your hotel to acclimatise your body to the high altitude. So walk around Leh to explore in and around places near your hotel.
- There are quite a few places in Leh town which you should absolutely visit during your day stay in Leh, today.
- The Khar which houses the Leh Palace Tsemo Castle and Namgyal Gompa on the same hills and Shanti Stupa built on a hilltop in Changspa region of Leh are two places one must visit.
Leh Main BazaarThe best place for shopping is Leh main baazar where you can have finest of cuisines and shop for variety of accessories, woollens and other memorabilia. Leh main bazaar is the busiest place in leh Ladakh.
- Incase you are interested, best way to explore Leh city is to hire a Royal Enfield motorcycle. It normally costs between Rs.1200 to Rs.1400 per bike per day. Petrol extra. Our Local Tour Manager in Leh will be able to assist you with arranging for a bike.
- Later in the evening do go out and explore the local market, but don’t forget to take your gloves and warm cap as it will get quite cold on your way back to the hotel
- Dinner and comfortable overnight stay at your hotel.
Your visit to Khardung La
It’s Khardung La Today!
- Today is the day when you will be visiting the Khardung La Pass - is one of the highest motor able road in the world (and certainly not the highest roads).
- At 5602 m, 18,380 ft. Khardung La Pass is just 40 kms from Leh city and quite visible, only if you ask a local person. The Pass is the gateway to the Shyok and Nubra valleys.
- Everyone is excited to stop and take a picture in-front of the Khardung La board. Infant many a times there is a long queue of travellers waiting their turn for the picture in front of the board.
- And while others are busy with pictures, there is an excellent cafe - Rinchen Cafeteria when you are at Khardung La and you must try their Maggie and Masala Tea. There is a Souvenir Shop as well as a Goddess Durga & Lord Ganesh temple here.
- Your visit to the famous Khardung La Pass and return back to Leh will be by yourself on Bike.
- But please DO NOT STAY at the Khardung La for more than 20 - 25 minutes. It is not advisable due to high altitude and people do tend to feel a bit uncomfortable if they stay here too long.
- On your return journey visit the Shey Palace & Stock Palace Museum, Shanti Stupa.
A word of CautionThe Khardung La zone is prone to heavy mist, snowstorms and blizzards, and driving under these conditions, can be extremely challenging and dangerous due to low visibility conditions. Our Tour manager will be able to advise you of the onward journey incase of any unwarranted situation. Please pay close attention to our Tour Manager and follow his instructions all the time. Do not travel this pass in severe weather conditions. Avalanches, heavy snowfalls and landslides can occur anytime.
Day Visit to Pangong Lake
300 kms Drive from Leh to Pangong Lake & back
- Get up early (preferably before sunrise) to start your drive to Pangong Lake.
- You will be driving via the Chang La pass (which is 3rd highest road in the world at 5362 m, 17,590 ft.
- Along the way you will be passing thru a bustling town of Tangste which has a few shops, hotels and guest houses. It is also a good place to stop for lunch or some snacks.
- Your journey will take approximately 7 to 8 hours and you will have adequate time to return back to Leh and plan your evening.
- On reaching your hotel in Leh, you can settle down and begin to download all the 1000s of photographs you have taken so far or simply have a hot shower, relax, or walk down to the Leh market to buy a souvenir for your loved one at home.
About Pangong LakeSituated at roughly 4350 m, 14,270 ft. Pangong Lake is 134 kms long and extends from India into China. Approximately 60% of the length of the lake lies in China. The lake is 5 km (3.1 mi) wide at its broadest point. All together it covers 604 km2. During winter the lake freezes completely, despite being saline water.
Visit to Lamayuru Monastery
Lamayuru on Kargil Road
- Visit the famous Lamayuru Monastery (125 kms from Leh on the Leh-Kargil Road) - Self tour on Bike.
- On your return visit Sham valley, Sangam Point, Magnetic Hill, Pathar Sahib Gurudwara & War Memorial.
- Have dinner outside on their own.
Return back with fond memories.
Your Trip Ends Here
- After breakfast, checkout of the hotel and begin your next journey back home.
- Today your Trip Ends with us.
- You will have the option to take a Volvo Bus back to your home destination (if you have already booked your return tickets). We can assist you with your Volvo Bus Tickers, at an additional cost.
- Your stay and accommodation will be on Twin sharing basis, preferably a family suite in Homestays or hotels.
- Child below 5 Yrs of age will be complimentary.
- Child between 5 - 12 years will be charged 75% of the package cost and will be provided with an Extra Bed.
- Comfortable clothes
- Windproof jacket, Raincoat / Poncho
- Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper and lower)
- Woollen cap, Woollen gloves, Woollen socks along with extra pairs
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes with a thick sole
- Water bottle
- Cap / Hat
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Personal medication
- Personal toiletries
- Books, if required.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; so please take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the tour guides and instructors in order to avoid any mishaps
- Follow the rules and guidelines of the local authorities.
- All bookings are strictly subject to availability and confirmation by payment of Non-refundable Advance.
- All payments to be made in advance.
- No Check-in to the Manali Hotel without full payment confirmation.
- No Check-in without valid Govt approved ID. Your id will be checked before Check-in.
- No pickup/drop will be made onroute. No detours will be made for picking up/dropping people.
- Departure time is given and is fixed. You have to report by that time. It's on you to update your status to trip coordinator. Anyone missing the check-in will not be entertained for refund etc and it will not be WeTrippy’s responsibility. We will try to call you twice before departure. Any phone not getting connected will not be WeTrippy’s responsibility.
- Timings are sacrosanct. Two times follow up will be done on phone. If we are unable to reach/we do not get a communication, we will be departing. No refund will be made for late arrival no matter what the reason for the delay is.
- We request not to travel with heavy luggage only light luggage or bags are allowed.
- Management shall not take responsibility of a missing items during trip, hence requested not to travel with too much ornaments, jewelry, cash and other etc.
- All our packages are ‘group packages’ and same services/items are applicable for each person in the group.
- Any meal, activity or service not availed by the participants will not be adjusted in the package cost and non-refundable under any circumstances.
- We do not allow drinking during the expedition. Anyone found drunk at the time of expedition will be refused entry and no amount will be refunded. WeTrippy also reserves the right to discontinue your trip at any point on the grounds of misconduct.
- We entertain only those persons at the campsite for whom the booking has been made. No additional persons will be entertained under any circumstances until communicated through email.
- We do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft or any other reason, guests are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country. We shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the program or expenses incurred directly or indirectly due to natural hazards, accident, breakdown of machinery, equipment's, transport, weather condition, sickness, landslides, political closures or any untoward incidents.
- Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of participants etc. may dictate itinerary change. We reserve the rights to change any schedule in the interest of safety, comfort & general well-being.
- We reserve the right to revoke services of anyone not following the instructions of our guide during an activity. We reserve to right for cancellation in case someone misbehaves under influence of alcohol.
- Do not encourage or participate in littering in any form
- Do not disturb the local life in any form
- While visiting the religious sites dress modestly and accordingly
- Avoid roaming during the nights
- Monument entrances, rafting & camel safari charges are to be borne by individual.
- The following can be availed at extra prices as mentioned:
- Two hump camel ride at Nubra valley at sand dunes: INR 350 (15 mins) / INR 700 (30 mins)
- 1 Litre Packaged water bottle: INR 30 per bottle.
- Oxygen cylinder Rs. 500-700 per day in Leh.
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the journey. Local medical hospital services are available at Leh and Dixit (Nubra)
- Your trip takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- Since you will be travelling through many local villages it’s advised to observe decency and respect the local customs as advised by your local guides and trek instructors, from time to time.
- Avoid taking pictures of locals if they are not interested.
Any member of the group, if found creating any indecency or misbehaving with any fellow member and or not observing or following the instructions of the tour guides / instructors, will be asked to leave the trip immediately at his own cost. No refund of any nature will be entitled to such member.
- Minimum 25% advance is required to block your booking. Balance 07-10 days prior to travel date.
- If travel date is between 10 days of booking date, then 100% advance is required to secure the booking
- If any cancellations are made before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- Once you are booking with us, you will receive a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking.
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.
Manali is well connected to Delhi.
Take an overnight bus from Delhi and you will reach Manali in 12 ‐ 14 hours (approx 540 KMS). Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in
Since Delhi - Manali is a long journey, most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last govt bus leaves at 8.30 pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Volvo buses charges between Rs.1,000 to 1,400 per sector from Delhi to Manali and vice versa. Manali to Delhi: Like the onward journey, buses leave from Manali to Delhi between 4 and 5 p.m. Your tentative arrival at Delhi may be anywhere between 6 a.m and 10 a.m. Plan your onward journeys only post noon giving enough buffer for bus delays.
By Train / Railways
Nearest Railway station is Ambala (350 kms) and Chandigarh (310 kms).
Regular Volvo and Buses are available from Chandigarh to Manali in the evening. Volvo buses charges between Rs.700 to Rs.1,000 per sector from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa.
Tip: Regular Volvo and Buses are available from Chandigarh to Manali in the evening. Volvo buses charges between Rs.700 to Rs.1,000 per sector from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa.
Nearest Airport is Bhuntar is 60 Kms. Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs.700‐ Rs.1,000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airliners that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, Kingfisher airlines, MDLR Airlines and Jagson Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.